Have you ever found yourself in a tricky situation or any general situation that require high degree use of logic? How did you apply logics to help yourself?
Different people are endowed differently when it comes to skills. Have you ever taken time to review skills that you possess? Yes, I mean both those that you acquired naturally and those that you have taught yourself though experience or sheer will to learn.
You are unique from me and others because mostly you possess different and unique skills from us. You either gain a skill naturally or learn it through training. Some skills are easy to learn than others when using time as a measuring parameter or logic required during training. Possessing skills that qualifies one to be a celebrated superstar footballer or splinter requires a lot of training, morale and dedication while simple but very useful skills such as using fire extinguisher, sending large files through email, preparing simple meals requires less time to learn and apply.
How do you benefit from your skills?
Skills are useful in our daily lives in many different ways when used properly. Here are some of the benefits.
- Skills help you to earn a living. If you exploit your skills fully and apply them properly, it will become the source of your employment.
- Skills when explored in details form the basis of innovation in all fields.
- Skills enhance improved production in any field in industries.
- Skills will help you improve service delivery to your customers.
- You can use your skills to help friends and other people who may be in danger.
Do you know any simple skills you can learn in a record of five minutes? Here are some of the skills that can be learnt in less than five minutes and are relevant to your daily life.
1. Simple trick to cooking super rice for 2-3 people
Are you a fan of rice dishes? Do you know how to prepare a simple but delicious rice dish? Well look no further. Here are simple and easy steps to cook rice.
- Measure your rice using available containers in your house. If your rice is one tea mug full, note that and move to the next step.
- Soak /wash your rice in clean water.
- Use the tea mug you used to measure your rice initially to measure amount of water to be used to cook the rice. If your rice was exactly one tea mug full, measure 2 tea mugs of water to cook the rice. Place the cooking water on the on your source of cooking energy.
- Add one tea spoon of salt and 2 tea spoons of cooking oil to the water.
- When the water boils, regulate the heating energy to medium let heat for about 10 minutes until waters starts drying. Reduce the heating energy further and let it heat for another 3minutes before completely putting off the heating energy.
2. Applying both direct and indirect pressure to an injured bleeding person
What will you do if your friend got injured at work place or through an accident and had serious bleeding?
First determine where your friend is hurt and how delicate is the injury. If the blood is oozing in bursts and the blood is bright red, know that an artery is severed somewhere. If the blood is dark red flows smoothly then a vein is severed.
To stop the bleeding, apply both direct and indirect pressure to the wound.
Apply direct pressure to the injured part using your hand. If the injured part is small you can use your thumb to exert pressure until bleeding stops. If blood oozes with a lot of pressure apply both direct and indirect pressure. First apply direct pressure as explained above the call a friend to help press another part near the injured part. This is what is called the indirect pressure. Indirect pressure is applied in the part nearing the source of blood from the body. Tie near the hurt area using a tourniquet before rushing the patient to hospital.
3. Sending a file more than 7MB using Gmail services
Have you ever sent a file to somebody as an attachment through email? What happened when the file you wanted to attach was more than 7 megabytes? You are right, your file could not be sent.
To send a file larger than 7 megabytes through Google mail services, go to the location of your file of folder on your computer and zip it using tools like WinRAR. Open your Gmail account and go to Drive. In your drive go to New and right click it. Go the file/folder upload option. Navigate to the location your file/folder is saved and click open. You file/folder will be uploaded to your Google Drive. Right click the uploaded folder and go to get shared link option. Copy the link and send it to recipient you want through email.
4. Applying BODMAS formula
When attempting to solve a mathematical question that involves a number of operations where do you start? To solve such a question, you need to know how to apply BODMAS formula. This means, you will have to give some operations a priority over others. If the mathematical expression has Brackets (), they will be given a priority over all other operations. Next check if there is of in the expression and solve it next. After of operation, check for multiplication sign and solve it next. Immediately after multiplication go for addition sign and finally conclude the mathematical operations with the subtraction operation. Each time you work on basic mathematical expressions, make sure you apply the rules systematically.
5. Scanning documents using the Medium scanner
Have you ever scanned any documents either your office documents or private documents that you can keep in online like in your email so that you can access them whenever you need them?
To scan the documents:
- Connect your scanner to the source of power and power it on.
- Power on your computer.
- Connect the data cable from the scanner to the computer using the USB ports of the computer.
- Go to the start bar if you are using windows 7 or press windows button and F button simultaneously to access the search tab. Type scanner in the search tab and press Enter button. The home page of your scanner will be displayed. Open the scanner and align your document on the scanning screen. Close the lid and turn to your computer and go the scan document. Immediately the scanning process will begin.
- If the document had only one page, click the Finish button to save the document to the folder you will specify. Else, don’t click the Finish button. Just turn the page and click the add page button. Continue adding the pages if the document has many pages. Finally click the Finish button to complete and save the document.
Having any skill and utilizing it appropriately is important to your daily life. If you didn’t know how to apply any of the above skills, try applying them starting today and am sure your life will be better.